Making a difference in Niagara Falls.
Since 1983, Heart, Love & Soul has served low income, food insecure, mentally-ill, disabled, homeless, and other disadvantaged populations in Niagara Falls. Through our free services, we have been able to address poverty in our community, and the interrelated problems associated with it – food insecurity, inadequate housing, health, and more.
Over the last 10 years, we have provided meals to over 458,000 people as part of our food and hospitality services.
Recent Statistics (2021)
- Our case managers assisted community members over 1,800 times.
Additionally, they completed almost 70 home visits, and made over 1,000 phone calls to or on behalf of members of the community. We also serve over 400 residents in Wrobel and Spallino Towers with our Ross Coordinator program.
- Our Community Health Nurse met with community members almost 900 times for acute medical care.
She completed over 60 home visits and dispensed over 460 medications to those in need.
- Our homelessness and housing team assisted 595 individuals experiencing homelessness, at risk of homelessness, those facing eviction, and those behind in their rent in 2021 through our various housing programs, including those specific to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Our homeless street outreach team conducted outreach sweeps four times weekly.
- Our guests utilized our shower facilities 1,069 times and our laundry facilities 870 times.
Words from the community
“If it was not for Heart, Love & Soul, I would not be alive – they truly saved my life.”
“Volunteering here keeps me focused on others, and on the needs of others. The guests here have taught me a lot because of who they are and what they share with me.”
“Heart, Love & Soul is such a welcoming and warm environment. They treat the visitors as family, and ensure that they are taken care of.”
“I am so happy to volunteer here to help others, because this could be me, and I know they need the help, and I know they appreciate it.”
“I put my trust in Heart, Love & Soul to help me when I was going through a rough time and they came through. They directed me forward on a positive path and helped change my life.”
Feeding the Niagara Falls community - body, mind & soul.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?